Ways to make sure your hair gets the love- fight off frizziness, dryness and crispyness

"Prejudice is like a hair across your cheek. You can't see it, you can't find it with your fingers, but you keep brushing at it because the feel of it is irritating."

                                                                                             Marian Anderson


They say a woman's beauty lies in her hair. Not sure how apt is it for today but I find it dreamy.
Our hair is like a database of our health thru the years. They absorb in what we consume and act like 
log of entries. 

There are many types of hair: From 1A to 4C but I won't be talking about the types of hair in this post. 
If  you'd like I could do that at a later time but if you just Google about hair types, you would find out 
the different types of hair and possibly which category you belong to:)
My hair is 2C and is very prone to frizziness. In the past I've really been brutal to my hair- coloring it, straightening, perming, using any random shampoo, missing conditioning. As I grew older I started to love what I was blessed with more and more.

Aunty Acid knew it all along!

1. Prepoo/ Deep Conditioner once a week: I try to be as regular as possible for this  regimen. Prepoo is a funny name but the effects are so seriously real and worth it! It is a fun term for pre treating your hair before a shampoo. I prepoo my hair with mix of jojoba oil, rosemary oil and a good deep conditioner. Take the hair section by section, spray some lukewarm water on the section I'm going to treat and then put a dollop of the deep conditioner on the length of the hair and concentrate the oils to the roots and then roll it up and secure it with a rubber band, it's best to let this sit for one whole night which means I wear a shower cap. There are many links on YouTube that you can refer to for a visual explanation.


2. Use heat and styling sparingly: Yes, I've done the opposite too much and turned my hair into a straw bale(when in a bun) or just simply put- a head full of straw! It's very difficult to get it back in shape, though many products claim reversing the damages and such, they're only gimmicks. You cannot reverse, probably calm them and then heal them with protein fillers, good diet and proper care. You've heard it many times, I repeat again. Don't use heat when you don't need to/ have to or can do without.


3. Supplements: Side kicks AKA helpers like Biotin, MSM, Saw Palmetto, alfalfa, fenugreek all help in fighting various hair villains like hair thinning, greying, poor growth, brittleness and such. Do a thorough research, consult your physician or a family doctor and have them as prescribed or suggested. They work from your insides, cleaning the blood, providing the essential nutrients that are necessary for health  of hair from within.


4. Invest in good quality hair products: Every hair is different just like personalities in different people. Don't decide based on advertisements, they will only fool you (well mostly). Read reviews, there are plenty on the internet and decide based on what your tresses need. 


5. Bunday fun day: If you're growing your hair, try to keep it as far away from free radicals like dust, grime, pollutants, smoke, dry winds, sultry winds and all the bad stuff that love your hair like a magnet and eventually spoil it. Instead tie it in a bun or wear a scarf which don't need to be drab you know. Make it fashionable in your own way.


These are few of the products that I'm using currently and except a few(Kerastase Bain Force Architecte) I really like most of them.

From left to right clockwise:


  1. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist Deeeeep Treatment
  2. Loreal Hair Mix Spiral Splendour
  3. Kerastase Resistance Bain Force Architecte
  4. FX Moroccan Moisture Argan Oil Miracle Oil
  5. Catwalk TIGI Curls Rock leave in Conditioner
  6. Pantene Truly Natural Deep Conditioner
  7. Paul Mitchell Super Relaxing Balm
  8. John Frieda Frizz Ease Dream Curls Conditioner
  9. Organic Surge Moisture Boost Shampoo
  10. John Frieda Frizz Ease Dream Curls Shampoo





If you want a review of any of the product, let me know and I'll try my best at it.

Wish you guys lovely locks! 





















Comments